Hello all. With everything the way, it is in the world right now it’s important to relax and enjoy the quiet moments when we find them. And sometimes we have to create them for ourselves.
Hyyge isn’t a new concept by no means but I think with everything going on it might be exactly what one might need. It is an atmosphere and an experience all wrapped into one. And as a cozy obsessed person, I have plenty of ideas to share so hopefully something will work for you.
elements of hyyge:
There are more than just these five elements of hyyge but I think these five are the most well known and covered elements.
- Get changed. Put on some comfy clothes. Large sweaters and thick socks.
- Find some thick blankets or a weighted blanket if you have one.
- And burrow yourself underneath those blankets.
- Candles. Light all the candles (but be safe).
- Warm lights are your best friend.
- Twinkle lights are also really nice.
- Create a cozy sitting space with those warm lights and cozy cushions too.
- Or tea if that’s your thing.
- Hearty foods.
- Basically food.
This one might be a little difficult because of social distancing and the stay at home order but there are ways to get around it.
- Spend time with family.
- Netflix party with your friends for a special social distancing movie night.
- Video chat with your friends over coffee in the morning or alcohol in the evening and catch up.
- Turn off all technology for a while. (Except if you are connecting with another.)
- Read your favorite or a new book.
- Create a new art piece.
- Go for a walk outside.
time to get hyyge
This is just a shortlist of things to help you find a sense of hyyge in your own space. A few things that I particularly lean towards when I look for that ‘cozy’ feeling. With life being as uncertain as it is right now, I think it is important that you take time for yourself, to relax and find that cozy. Even if none of this calls out to you, find what does and do it at least once a week.
Let me know in the comments down below what you like to do to be ‘cozy’ or just relax. Let’s talk!