There are two main ways a person deals with a day off. Either sit on their butt and does nothing or gets everything possible done and then some. Both are fine. Both are totally acceptable. I tend to lean towards butt sitting but I still have one or two super-duper productive day off days. It usually just depends on my mood.
lazy days off
It is wonderfully to just take a day off for yourself. I actually encourage that you do it regularly, just so you can get that time for yourself. Practice some self-care. Take a bubble bath, do a face mask, binge watch that show on Netflix you’ve been putting off for months.
Play some video games, go for a hike and take pictures of the clouds and nature around you. (I guess that is a little more active but you’ll enjoy it trust me.)
These lazy days are really good when you are starting to feel overwhelmed about life and just need to let it go and take a breather.
things to do on a lazy day off
- Sleep in
- Ultimate spa day. Do the face masks, exfoliate, shave everythinggg (if that’s your thing), bubble bath it up with bath salts or a bath bomb and candles and some music and set up youtube or Netflix. Trust me after this you’re gonna feel amazingg. (can also be done on a productive day)
- Watch tv/ movies all day (Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings marathon anyone?)
- Go for a walk and take photos
- Bake all the things (this could also be done on a productive day off)
- Be chill and move from one comfy spot to another every few hours, just to keep it fresh
- Read your favorite book with a cup of something and a snack of something in your favorite nook.
what not to do on a lazy day off
There are just a recommendation, by no means are these meant to be anything more then me suggesting something.
- Don’t use your phone as much as possible. It’ll just become a distraction that I don’t think is good for these sort of days.
- Don’t give these days up for just anything. Obviously if something serious or significant comes up handle it. But don’t let anyone guilt you into helping them do something if you don’t want to.
let’s get productive days
Now sometimes you’ll take a that day off to tackle that extremely intimidating to do list you’ve been adding to and haven’t crossed a single thing off of. You’ll get up bright and early and just get stuck in with cleaning and organizing.
These are days for cleaning out the fridge and your closet. For reorganizing your DVD collection and learning that new language. Changing your bed sheets and folding the laundry that’s been piling up for a week or two.
These days are really good for taking back control of your life when its been to overwhelming and now you are ready to face it head on.
things to do on a productive day off
- Clean out your closet
- Clean your whole house/bedroom whatever your main space is
- Do all your shopping and organize your pantry into all those fancy jars with some fancy labels
- Bake all the things (this could also be done on a lazy day)
- Ultimate spa day. Do the face masks, exfoliate, shave everythinggg (if that’s your thing), bubble bath it up with bath salts or a bath bomb and candles and some music and set up youtube or Netflix. Trust me after this you’re gonna feel amazingg. (can also be done on a lazy day)
what not to do on a productive day off
There really are no big rules for this one cause only you can decide what is productive for you and whats not. If it’s getting out of bed and taking a shower then that’s it! Don’t let anyone decide that for you.
No matter what you do on your day off enjoy it! That is what is important and that is all that matters!
What do you like to do on your day off?