Well, nearly 100 years.
For those of you who don’t know, Agatha Christie is probably my favorite author. And I have kinda made it my life goal to own and have read all of her works. Plays included if I can get my hands on them. I currently own I think close to or at least 20 of her books and have read 8 of them(not totally accurate as I have read quite a few short stories that were in different collections). And I just ordered four more… I may be just a smidge obsessed. Whoops.
I had just finished the second Agatha Christie in the span of four days when I thought of this post’s idea. I thought instead of potentially doing individual reviews for each book I should just do a sort of like a progress report, where I talk about what I’ve read or am reading and share if I ordered any new books(really shouldn’t be spending money) and so on. This will be a monthly or bi-monthly update just to keep it interesting and not to become repetitive if I haven’t read anything new.
- The Murder at the Vicarage~ First published in 1930, The Murder at the Vicarage introduces us to the beloved Miss Marple and the quaint village of St. Mary Mead. Miss Marple is how I found and fell in love with Agatha Christie’s work, so she has a special place in my heart. She is kinda my favorite character. So subtly clever and cunning, Miss Marple is a character that keeps you guessing and questioning everything till the final reveal.
- The Body in the Library~ Published in 1942, The Body in the Library revisits St. Mary Mead and the wonderful Miss Marple as she is called upon to help solve a murder at her close friend’s estate. Only the second appearance of Miss Marple, we are introduced to more quirky characters and a twist I hadn’t seen coming. 12 longs years in between the first and second appearance of Miss Marple.
- The Harlequin Tea Set~ A collection of short stories featuring Hercule Poirot, Mr. Harley Quin and more. I am only about three stories in so far. I have found that I either really like short stories or hate them. Sometimes I feel like they can be too short or too long but in the few that I have read from Christie, which varies in length never disappoint me.
To be totally fair I ordered these after having a really bad day and it had been awhile since I had bought a new book. Why I bought 4? I don’t really know. But I did and no regrets lol.
- The Mysterious Affair at Styles: A Hercule Poirot Mystery~ The first novel, and the first introduction of Hercule Poirot, I am really excited to read this one soon. 🙂
- The Secret of Chimneys
- The Moving Finger~ Another Miss Marple… I am partial. I’ll admit it, I’m biased. I can’t help it.
- They Do It With Mirrors
I’m not really sure how to end this post… I’m so awkward. Have you read any Agatha Christies? Watched any of the film or tv adaptations of her works? Let me know in the comments! Or if you have a recommendation on one I should I read next let me know!
Would it be of any interest for me to make a like reading list of her work of which ones I have read? Let me know!